A feather instead of an eyebrow, why not? If you don’t mind tugging at your delicate brows, or you’re always looking to try out an outrageous beauty trend, the featherbrow is here and it’s not as undoable as it appears.
The controversial brow-trend was started by Stella.s.makeup, a makeup artist from Helsinki, Finland, who introduced the world to feathered eyebrows on the pretenses of a joke (she claims). Now, recreated by several beauty enthusiasts, this trend has definitely set the community on fire and has everyone debating whether the brows have been given more importance than they deserves.
Although watching this particular brow tutorial may not have the same calming effect as a traditional eyebrow routine, it’s a trend that has everyone curious, begging for an answer to the question: “how would it look on me?”.
There’s no doubt that this intimidating yet, whimsical brow look will have a place in eyebrow history, but what’s really exciting for us beauty bloggers is how people interpret her method and the variations people come up with inspired by these quirky eyebrows.
Rock this look to a fashion event, a music festival or even a casual night out – if attention is what you’re looking for. However, avoid it for a first date or when “meeting the parents” for the first time but hey, who am I to stop you?
Lastly, but most importantly, if you have fine brows, don’t forget to smear some castor oil on your eyebrows after you’ve washed off your makeup. This will make sure that any hairs you may have lost during the vigorous procedure, grow back faster.
— Kelsey (@kkelsee) April 13, 2017
Things you need:
- 1 mascara wand;
- clear lip-gloss/brow-gel/glue stick (the adhesive);
- an eyebrow pencil/dark brown eye shadow;
- toothpick/anything alike;
- concealer (optional); and
- Apply the adhesive of your choice all over the mascara-wand and brush it into your brows – from left to right and then right to left.
- Next, using a toothpick divide your brow in half, starting from the outer corners. While dividing the brow, go in with your adhesive-filled wand and comb your brows in opposite directions to achieve a feather-like shape.
- Fill in your brows with an eyeshadow or brow pencil depending on how bold you want them. For this, imitate the shape of your feathered eyebrow, and remember: only small frequent stokes, as if you’re drawing tiny hairs.
- This step is optional: apply concealer around your brow to make them more defined and neat.
Watch these for more guidance :-
Author: Roxanne T