Another season of Lakme Fashion Week 2016 ended recently and as always it keep on getting bigger and better each time. This year to make the most loved fashion event in India a little more sweeter, TIGI Bed Head joined forces and was their official hairstyling partner. To add cherry on the top I was one of the official blogger for them, what’s that you say? I got to go behind the scene and see how the entire TIGI Bed Head army got together and prepped + styled the models for the show that to in less than an hour! So on Day four with my camera around my neck I went back stage to see it all happen in action plus I managed to scavenged couple of their best kept hair secrets!
Day 4 at LFW had one of the best designers showcasing some really spectacular styles and thanks to the TIGI Bed Head team some uber glam hairdos too! To compliment each designer the team created some fun and not so conventional looks like the side parted buns, the wet hair look and low beehive buns. If you are wondering how you can re-create these trendsetting hairdos for the spring/summer go ahead and read on.
Aarti Vijay Gupta played with a lot of quirky prints and bold colours while Pallavi Singhee stuck to a classy minimalistic theme. Tanieya Khanuja’s collection saw a lot of fitted dresses so the TIGI Bed Head Theme decoded an easy breezy side parted bun which are also the one of the biggest trends this season.
Side Parted Bun:
- To achieve this look, first shampoo and condition your hair with TIGI Bed Head Urban Antidotes Resurrection Level 3 Shampoo and Conditioner
- Towel dry your hair
- Spray TIGI Bed Head SuperstarQueen For A Day Thickening Hairspray to the roots of your hair
- For the length of the hair spray TIGI Bed Head Sugar Shock to add texture and curls
- Create a side parting and take radial on both sides (ear to ear partying)
- Isolate the front hair
- At the back, tie a very low ponytail and tong the hair (Before tonging the hair apply TIGI Bed Head Masterpiece Hairspray for every section of the hair)
- Next, curl and twist the hair into a bun
- Tong the front hair and tong the hair towards the out
- Overlap the front hair into the bun
- To add shine to the hair, apply TIGI Bed Head Headrush Superfine Mist
Monisha Jaising and Magnum came together and created an extravagant line of couture collection which was every bit sinful yet sophisticated. The TIGI Bed Head team took inspiration from the 60’s and create a this chic and classy bouffant look.
The 60’s Inspired Bouffant Look:
- To achieve this look, shampoo and condition your hairwith TIGI Bed Head Urban Antidotes Re-energise Level 1 Shampoo and Conditioner
- SprayTIGI Bed Head Superstar Queen For A Day Thickening Hairsprayto the roots of your hair
- For the lengths of your hair, use TIGI Bed Head Small Talk Thickifier and also TIGI Bed Head Superstar Blow dry Lotion
- After this, power dry your hair and take a centre parting leaving 1 and ½ inch near hairline, near the forehead and leave the hair and put the stuffing (soft stuffing)
- Take a smaller section of the hair, back comb it and place it over the stuffing
- Next, take another two to three sections and repeat the same
- The stuffing shouldn’t be visible and the hair must be blended well
- Tong the ends slightly in order to add a little wavy texture
- To get texture you could use TIGI Bed Head Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo on the roots and the lengths
Shivan and Narresh collections focused on beach wear and they created these vibrant swim suits with bold cuts which are perfect for the season. TIGI Hair Experts clubbed it with a wet ‘just-out-of-the-pool’ hair and created something the slicked back waves.
Slicked Back Waves:
- To achieve this look first shampoo and condition your hair with TIGI Bed Head Urban Antidotes Re-energise Level 2 Shampoo and Conditioner
- Use the TIGI Bed Head Totally Baked Volumizing and Prepping Hair Meringue before power drying hair (only on lengths and mid-lengths)
- Power dry the lengths and mid-section of your hair, leaving the roots wet
- For the lengths, take bigger sections of your hair and tong them. Try and achieve a wavy texture
- For the roots, apply the TIGI Bed Head for Men Power Play gel and neatly comb the hair to give it the clean look
Hope you enjoyed reading this post, which of these hairdos did you like best? I know I will be trying out that side parted bun for sure!