I am a complete novice when it comes to intricate hairstyles. Fishtail braids literary give me nightmares; I honestly am in awe of people who can do these beautiful braids and updos. If I try to do a hairstyle from Pinterest I will pretty much end up looking like Johnny Depp from Edward Scissorhands.
So I wanted to share with you my go-to hairstyles for night-outs or parties that even a three year old can do, with one hand, I might be exaggerating a teeny tiny bit here but you get the point. This is possible thanks to the salon-in-a-bottle products by hair-styling experts BBLUNT which are especially created for Indian hair & weather. For both these hairstyles you can do the twist techniques, if you are good with braids (Huh, Showoff!) by all means do the braids instead.
1.The Khaleesi Inspired twist:
Like me, I am sure, most you are die-hard fans of Games of thrones and the mother of dragons, Khaleesi. This hairstyle is inspired by her beautiful double twists and braided hairstyle.
1. Start by spraying some BBLUNT Back To Life Dry Shampoo For Instant Freshness on your roots and giving it a good shake. This will absorb all the excess oil and grime from your hair leaving it fresh and texturized. This works wonders on second-day hair as well.
2. Gather the front part of your hair, as you can see in the picture, leaving out any pieces you want framing your face.
3. Split this section in two, tie it with an elastic and loop the pony tail up and through the split, repeat again a couple times.
4. Grab another section of hair below the top twist and put this into another pony securing with an elastic.
5. Do the same as the first and loop it over the pony tail, creating a twist.
6. To finish the look spray BBLUNT Spotlight Hair Polish For Instant Shine, because let’s be real, Khaleesi doesn’t have dry, dull hair. The hair polish will add instant shine, making it look glossy and nourished.
7. All done! This look literary takes less than a minute and you can experiment and make it look exactly the way you like it.
2. The Twisted Tail.
I am always trying to find ways to up my pony-tail game because in practicality, we don’t always have good hair days. So, on days when you rather not keep your hair open but still want to make a statement,you can try this hairstyle.
1. Start by applying 3 pumps of BBLUNT Climate Control Anti-Frizz Leave-In Cream to the mid-lengths to the ends of your damp hair. This will insure that your hair is smooth and manageable for the hairdo, as it keeps the frizz away all day. I use this every day, it’s something that’s needed for the kind of weather our hair deals with.
2. Part your hair in the middle and tie the rest of your hair in a ponytail leaving the top 3 inches of your hair open.
3. Divide the top right section into two and start twisting them till you reach the back of your hair and secure it with a bobby pin.
3. Repeat the above step till you have 2 twists on both sides of your hair.
4. Take the remaining hair from all the four twists and wrap it around the pony tail to hide the elastic.
5. Voila! We are done. You can accessorize your pony tail with pretty accessories like the bow I have here.
Hope these tutorials were fast, quick and easy (at least that’s what I am aiming for). BBLUNT has made our lives so much easier by giving our hair a salon-like treatment at home. Do give these a try and let me know what you think of them. Also share your go-to night-out or party hairstyles with me; I would love to try them out too!
Photographer: Faisal AK.