In last 2 year I’ve become obsessed with Jewelry and my collection might not be huge but its getting bigger and bigger month by month 😀
Now a days I buy more jewelry than clothes because the right Jewelry can spice up any outfit for any occasions. It can instantly transform any outfit from drag to fab in matter of seconds..
Last night i sat down for 3 hours straight and went through all my Jewelry sorting and cleaning them and i thought why not i make a post about it too, it might help some of you 😀
So I’m going to make it as simple as i can giving u all my tricks and tips 😀
Sorting :- We are going to sort our jewelry into 4 categories
1. Jewelries that we are wearing every now and again :-
– Take all of these wash it with water and liquid soap (If it can be washed) wipe it and keep it away for now.
2. Jewelries that’s broken but can be fixed :-
– Lets fix what every jewelry that can be fixed with the help of our trusty Fivi kwik or any Strong adhesive
3. Jewelries that cannot be fixed or you don’t want it any more :-
– If you have any jewels that cannot be fixed you gotta throw it away (On the bright side that would make space for more jewels :D) And the rest of the jewels that you don’t want any more, how about asking your sister and friends if they might want it and what ever is left discard that. 😀
4. Jewelries that you are emotionally attached to:-
– It might be something your loved ones have giving you or your grand maas vintage Jewelry, for such jewels lets wipe them with soft cloth and store them in a nice box if you wont be wearing it often.
Cleaning :- Which ever jewels that can be cleaned with water and liquid soap clean them with that, wipe them with soft cloth and keep it away for now, but if you have any silver jewels I’ve got an amazing trick for you to shine your jewels like never before.
You will need :-
What you gotta do :-
1.Take all the stoppers off your stud or earrings.
2. Put them in the container (which is half filled with liquid soap and savlon) Place the cap tightly back and give it a nice shake.
3. Now In a mug full of water, empty the stud and earring and clean it with water.
4. Remove all the stud and earring that are not made of metal (the stoppers too) and place them on the towel to dry.
5. Now we will shine our metal jewelry. Take your old toothbrush and apply a pea size amount (Or depending on the size of jewelry your cleaning) of toothpaste and start brushing your jewelry, Front and back both. Wash it with water and Voila ! Your done 😀
Before & After the toothpaste Cleaning :-
Storing Ideas :-
Do you guys want me to make DIY Jewelry holder ??
Hope this post was helpful 😀